Home - The Star
January 21, 2015
Star Sport



 

Foster going nowhere -Reno

File - Craig Foster

Paul Clarke, STAR Writer

Western Bureau:

Craig Foster is going nowhere except back to the top with Reno FC. That is the assurance from team manager, Dean Malloy, who insists that rumours linking the striker with a move to the Red Stripe Premier League champions Montego Bay United is way off the mark.

"Craig is right here; he is not leaving the club and we are happy for that. We need him around to help drive us back to the top of the table and away from relegation," Malloy said.

"Nobody knows what the future holds, but he is fine at Reno and is in training. His interest is at Reno and nowhere else," added Malloy.

Foster, who has netted 14 goals so far this campaign, is clearly one of the league's hottest commodities and comes as no surprise that he's been getting serious attention for his blistering early start to the season, but a thigh injury has stalled his charge for the golden boot award, which is given to the league's top marksman.

struggle

His performance was rewarded with a call-up to the national senior squad for last year's successful Caribbean Cup, although he never saw a minute of action.

But as the Westmoreland-based club continue to struggle for points and a change of coach midway the season, and with injuries to a number of key players taking its toll, Reno's season has gone awfully awry.

They have slipped from a promising second position after round three in the league to be second from bottom after 20 matches to be on 19 points, and are only better off than Barbican FC.

They have won once in five outings, which sums up their free-falling state and Malloy, who is keen to reassure fans, told STAR Sports that they have been in contact with several players who they think can help the club out of its present predicament.

"We are looking at several players but nothing is concrete yet. So as soon as things become more certain those players will be named before the transfer window closes," Malloy said.

"The window is still open and we are trying our best to get some good players to join the club. We are working on that at the moment because we recognise that we need some defensive cover and some other players in areas of the field to deepen the squad," he said.




Bookmark and Share
Home | Gleaner Blogs | Gleaner Online | Go-Jamaica | Go-Local | Feedback | Disclaimer | Advertisement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us