|
October 9, 2013
|
||||
|
Star News |
|||||
|
|||||
10 BOYS BEAT TEEN IN BATHROOM - Mom accuses school of failing to take action |
|||||
|
The mother of a 16-year-old boy who attends a prominent all boys' school in the Corporate Area is currently fuming after her son was reportedly attacked by a group of students on the school grounds recently. The irate mother told THE STAR that since her son was attacked last week Monday, she claims that no effort has been made by the school to contact her or to take disciplinary action against the boys involved. She said all efforts to get a response from the school principal have so far been unsuccessful. The mother told THE STAR that last week, her son, who is a sixth form student at the school, was reportedly attacked by a group of fifth-form boys in the school's bathroom. She said her son told her that he had an altercation with one of the boys prior to Monday's incident. She said her son was attacked after the boy, whom he had the dispute with, attacked "He said one of the boys, who attacked him, his girlfriend attends the same extra classes (as her son), and one of the boys in the group said 'A because yuh know yuh girlfriend want up the man that's why it a hurt yuh," she told THE STAR. After that comment was made, she said her son walked away from the group and went into the bathroom, where he was trailed, threatened and attacked. "He walked them out and they followed him and went into the bathroom, he said one the boys said 'Dawg, yuh remember the guy weh yuh beat up weh did inna fifth form and you did inna fourth form? Come mek we do it again nuh!" According to the mother, about 10 boys attacked her son, injuring his left eye, causing swelling and discoloration. She said to date, she has not been in dialogue with the school principal or anyone from the school's administration about the incident. The mother also revealed to THE STAR that according to information she received, some of the boys were to be expelled from the school for other instances of violence. "The group of them that attacked him are on the list for expulsion, the guy who beat him up was (allegedly) to be expelled from he was in third form." She told THE STAR that her son is fearful for his life, as his attackers are still in attendance at the school. The STAR made efforts to contact the school principal but his cellular phone rang unanswered. A member of the school's administrative staff told THE STAR that since the mother stated that she will be taking legal action against the school, she does not think the principal would be available to give a comment. |
|||||
Home | Gleaner Blogs | Gleaner Online | Go-Jamaica | Go-Local | Feedback | Disclaimer | Advertisement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us |
|||||